 CAD / LDD / 197
Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:34:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
  When I try to use the Export menu, it always saves the model as lxf.  I get no
choice to export to LDraw file format.

  Has anyone figured out how to do this on the Mac?

I haven't ever tried LDD on the Mac, but I do have some Mac info that might
help.  First of all, unlike the system Windows Open/Save dialogs, the system Mac
Open/Save Panels don't support file type selection, so doing this at all
requires custom code unless an app is NSDocument-based.  (If your app is based
on NSDocument, NSDocument handles things and custom code isn't needed.)  Based
on what you have said, it sounds like LDD doesn't have the custom code needed to
support multiple file types.

Having said that, you might check if the "Hide extension" (or maybe it's "Show
extension") check box is available.  If it is, set it so that extensions are
visible.  Also, make sure you've clicked the arrow next to the filename so that
you have the full Save interface, instead of the abbreviated one.  If you are
allowed to show the extension, change it to .ldr manually, and see if that
works.

--Travis