 CAD / LDD / 210
Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 00:18:51 GMT

"mike Gallagher" <gallaghersemail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:K3AFKu.1IH@lugnet.com...
Here is the current Ldraw.xml.

To install go to \LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Assets Directory and
look
for the ldraw.xml file. Back the file up or rename it and replace it with
the
new file. Make sure it has the same format as you see it on the download
page.
For some reasons it may add extra data that will make it not work.

Does this file include the 973 parts/colors included in the latest Factory
palette?  At last minifigs finally have weapons to wield in the Factory
palette!

I will be keeping these files up to date as we make fixes. So check back
when
you need, we may have you part fixed. Once a good size has been updated I
will
post again. Rather not post for every part fixed.

When I open that link, it pops up as an HTML page with a lot of bolded
markup text representing commands.  Is this supposed to happen, or do you
need to do something like encode it into an archive format?  It does say
"ldraw.xml" at the top of the window, but I like to be careful before
messing with the unknown.

While on the subject of the file itself, you appear to have commented out a
duplicate entry of 30377.dat - it's still in the file though, just the
transformation line appears first as a comment, then as the proper
transformation line itself.  There are a few other entries in the file like
that fortunately there's very few.  Like below, if the cut/paste was
successful:

<!--  <Transformation ldraw="30377.dat" tx="-1.6" ty="0" tz="0"
ax="-0.512724" ay="0.688642" az="-0.512724" angle="4.34772" />    -->

<Transformation ldraw="30377.dat" tx="0" ty="-1.51" tz="0.51" ax="-0.5"
ay="-0.70710678118654752440084436210485" az="-0.5" angle="4.34772" />

Also, a question:  Does the "only working parts" file transform at all the
part LDD knows as "SPIRAL TUBE W.FLANGE"

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde