 CAD / LDD / 209
Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:05:18 GMT

Here is the current Ldraw.xml.

To install go to \LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Assets Directory and look
for the ldraw.xml file. Back the file up or rename it and replace it with the
new file. Make sure it has the same format as you see it on the download page.
For some reasons it may add extra data that will make it not work.

While in LDD go to export, choose the .ldr file type, remove the .lxf after your
file name, and save. To import just import from .ldr.

Some of the pieces will be killed by bad translations and rotation’s still but
that list is getting to be a very small list.

This version has many Technic, Minifig, and other parts added and working. The
Beta version has NXT and other parts that are not work out yet. But will import
and export in same locations, just do not correct the parts locations between
imports and exports. 1 version will work, the other will have parts moved and
rotated in whacky was.

Only working parts.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mikeslego/LDD/ldraw.xml

Beta version (will have incorrect transformation’s, in progress)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mikeslego/LDD/LdrawXML-Beta/ldraw.xml

I would like to thank all those who have contributed to this. And I hope I did
not leave anyone out but,

LDraw
LDD
Jason Railton
Timothy Gould
Willy Tschager
David Eaton
Michael Heidemann
Orion Pobursky
Magnus Forsberg

I will be keeping these files up to date as we make fixes. So check back when
you need, we may have you part fixed. Once a good size has been updated I will
post again. Rather not post for every part fixed.

Enjoy!

Mike Gallagher

GallaghersArt.com