 CAD / LDD / 111
Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:29:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ldd, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all,

I've converted the old conversion file from LDD 1.6 (with Jason Railton's
adaptions) to LDD 2.0 format. It is far from perfect but is also far better than
what is currently available.

To install it just quit LDD 2, go to [LDD2Directory]/assets and look for the
file ldraw.xml. Back the file up somewhere and replace it by my file. When you
reboot it will offer much more substantial conversion (although a lot of pieces
will be killed by bad translation and rotation tables).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/Misc/ldraw.xml

Tim

Mike Gallagher has very kindly uploaded his improved version of ldraw.xml to
http://www.lugnet.com/jump.cgi?http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mikeslego/LDD/ldraw.xml
so I recommend using it.

Tim

I just uploaded my version 1.01e. This is what I have fixed and found as of
today. I’m still working on some problem ones below and I’m at a loss on what to
do if anything I could do.

If you already downloaded the 1.01A through D you will have to refresh your page
to get the LDrawMapping version="1.01e”

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mikeslego/LDD/ldraw.xml

Below is my info for the ones I have been unable to get going, if any one wants
to take a crack at those I can send them the files to get started.

I will be working and testing conversions from both directions on all the rest
in the next few days.

Issues as of 070509 LDrawMapping version="1.01e”

3040B.dat will export from LDD > LDRAW. But will not import from LDR > LDD.

2412B will not load 1x2 grill

3070B or A (1x1 tile with grove will not load)

no 1x4x2 fence in ldraw [misc5a file]

no ldraw 1x1 round,  8x3 wings,