 CAD / LDD / 214
Re: Individual LDD parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:18:03 GMT

Not sure what you mean by vertex info. Do you mean the transformation matrix
applied to each part or the details of the parts themselves? If the latter you
can't get at them but the former is all stored in the zipped XML file in the LXF
file (just unzip it with any program). They're stored as a vector normal and
angle IIRC so you'll need
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrix#Exponential_map that.

I was afraid of that - sounds like I want the latter, the one I can't get at.  I
want the geometry that makes up each piece, so I can see about writing a script
to import them directly into Blender, since they seem to be constructed
differently from Ldraw parts.

So is the problem then that we can't decompile the lif files?

Thanks for the help Tim!  :)

-Stefan-