Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 11:15:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
I'd rather the LSC be selected by people who are familiar with
the other programmers and potential members, as
well as the issues the LSC will be dealing with. I think this is a very
important concern, which minimizes the risk of the LSC being a dud if
non-technically inclined LDraw.org members cast votes for who should be on
the LSC. A handful of people have expressed this idea to me.

I'm actually half and half on it.  I do see reasons why to limit it, but
for some reason I'm a little wary of accepting it without discussion.

there are reasons why I put stress on a restriction.
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2356
it took me almost a year to get a deeper understanding
of the stuff I was dealing with and feel comfortable with cond. line,
BFC, bad vertex sequences and the like. 'til one hasn't struggled
with the code it's nearly impossible to be aware of its limitation or
in which way it should be expanded. part designer use to know each
other (or at least their work) and know who will bring the whole
story to a happy ending.

w.