Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:21:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:

Well, it's simmered a bit. There's been no outcry one way or another. I think
for simplicity's sake, the proposal should change to allow anyone to vote for
who is on the LSC, not just those who are LSC eligible. I don't think the stakes
are high enough to need that measure, given the current climate of the
community.

Does anyone agree? Does anyone object?

I agree.  Everyone should be able to vote.

Assuming they comply with the base self selection criteria for LDraw.org
membership.

(I should note that if there was no limitation on who could vote for the LSC
members, I would be able to vote, and if there were, I would not)

And ... as noted, this does gain me a vote where I wouldn't have had one.

Well, I think we could make an exception to the rule on this point ...
;)

Exceptions to rules are a dangerous precedent to set, even when (as in this
case) they are done with the best of intentions. :-)

Steve