Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:19:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
* Authored a software program that is compliant with either the LDraw 0.2.7
  spec or another spec published by the LSC

Does this mean server side software as well, or just end user software?

I'd be inclined to say end user, because they're designing for 'dumb' (or
'dumber') users. I think that understanding how the system is used by everyday
users is important. What do others think?

I'm not sure.  While it's important, it should only rarly drive decisions on the
file format.  The whole reason you have end user programs is to make dealing
with the dats easier.

$0.02

Dan

I agree with Dan that all usable programs that involve non-trivial (read simple
text editors) manipulation of DAT Code should qualify

--Orion