Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 02:24:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
[...]
The LSC shall have a mailing list or other communication method where only
members can post to, but the entire community can read.  [...]

Hi Tim,

Give me a hollar if you would like a special group for this on LUGNET.  If you
have a list (either static or dynamic) of email addresses whom you want to
grant posting access, it would be fairly easy for me to set things on LUGNET
such that anyone could follow along but only selected people (whom you
define) could post to it.  It would also automatically prevent accidental
cross-posting.

Great, thanks!

Ultimately, the means of communication should be up to the elected LSC
members to decide for themselves.

If I had my say, I like the idea of a mailing list on LDraw.org, which posts
messages automatically to a LUGNET group for convenience. Perhaps similar to
how lugnet.robotics is set up, but where only specific people have posting
privileges?

I'll keep it in mind and suggest it to the LSC when they are elected.

-Tim