Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 04:39:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
[{Requirements for LSC Membership}]¬
To ensure only competent, dedicated, and active contributors are eligible to
become members of the LSC, they shall have met one or more of the following
requirements for nomination:

* Served as a reviewer on the Parts Tracker through at least 2 official
  parts updates, and posted at least 5 reviews in at least two updates since
  their initial participation

Since the requirement says we want "active contributors", should this be
clarified to say "5 reviews in each of the last two updates"?  I don't think
that I qualify to be on the LSC, just because I reviewed 20 files back in early
2002.  Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. I think given this point it's best to keep it to people who
have reviewed in the last two updates - what does everyone else think?

* Authored a software program that is compliant with either the LDraw 0.2.7
  spec or another spec published by the LSC

Does this mean server side software as well, or just end user software?

I'd be inclined to say end user, because they're designing for 'dumb' (or
'dumber') users. I think that understanding how the system is used by everyday
users is important. What do others think?

Also, once we get all the nominations, we should have the ad-hoc committee
publish the complete list of nominees, if they accepted or declined the
nomination, and under what clause do they qualify.  That way, people will know
who they can cast their votes for.

Sounds good to me.

-Tim