Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 03:22:01 GMT

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:36:40AM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
you're supporting that only LSC-eligable can vote, or that the ad-hoc
group can vote?

Both, but moreso that only LSC-eligable. I'd rather the LSC be selected by
people who are familiar with the other programmers and potential members, as
well as the issues the LSC will be dealing with. I think this is a very
important concern, which minimizes the risk of the LSC being a dud if
non-technically inclined LDraw.org members cast votes for who should be on
the LSC. A handful of people have expressed this idea to me.

I'm actually half and half on it.  I do see reasons why to limit it, but
for some reason I'm a little wary of accepting it without discussion.

If there's only this one objection to the stipulation that only people
eligible to be members of the LSC can vote people into the LSC, I see no
reason to remove it. This has been in the draft since version 0.6, and there
have been no other objections thus far that I recall seeing (if there have
been, feel free to point them out and I will stand corrected).

Well, at least I haven't noticed it before, otherwise I would have
probably mentioned it.  But you're right - my (possible) objection alone
is not enough to cause a change there.  I just want to see if it bothers
others for the same unknown reason.

I think everyone can vote - but if we say that's not
so, then I think the ad-hoc part should be removed.  Why the special
treatment?

You're probably right there. It can be removed.

that would be good :)

Dan