Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:54:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:
The definition of who's a member of ldraw.org and thus, eligible to vote on
LSC membership, on the other hand, might.

just a few thoughts:

* the LSC is a technical body
* the new file format worked out by the LSC will effect the work of
part-authors and programmers.

conclusion:

* honestly I can't see a reason why people who have never authored a part or
wrote code for a ldraw prog should interfer with a technical issue which
will probably change deeply the way of authoring parts or writing progs.
* the election of the LSC (I'm not talking about LDraw.org) should be
restricted to people registered as reviewers or authors at the PT and the
bunch of code-gods. (I'll leave the details to you of how many parts a voter
must have submitted or reviewed, how many workin' code a programmer must
have written ;-)
* authors and reviewers are already registered at the PT, the code-gods well
known. may be the date the server crashed could work as a dead-line.
* let's vote! (in the meantime you have all the time to think about a secure
way of holding on-line elections).

my 0.02$

w.