 CAD / Development / 9814
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:11:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kyle McDonald wrote:
How about a ldcfgblk.ldr? For those of us who prefer to edit on a
black background instead of a paper white one?

I suppose the software could just swap edge=0 for edge=8 and vice
versa, but what about the non-black and white edges?

I'd say we're getting to the point where -- if there are going to be more than a
handful of color configurations -- we'd want to think about some alternate
distribution/management methods for 'color configurations'.  Similar to what
other softwares do with downloading 'skins'.

Steve

The more I think about it, the more I lean towards ldconfig.ldr should stick to
handle just 'color definitions' and just default border colors, rather than
'color configurations'. Where 'default' is the traditional "anti-color" that
optionally can be overruled by user's preferences. Isn't it better if 'color
configurations' were kept in ldraw.ini, alternatively in the different programs'
ini files respectively?

While brainstorming, I really would like to see the option "No line type 2 or
5", too. This is the option I personally use much, much more often than "Show
color 24 as black".

/Tore