 CAD / Development / 9806
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:36:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Yes, I like it.  However, is it different from the way we decided
to number the search paths?  Last I remember, we decided to stick
them in the generic [LDraw] section and number them like this.

[LDraw]
LdrawSearch01=<HIDE>C:\LDrawXtra\MyPrims\In Work
LdrawSearch02=C:\LDrawXtra\MyParts\In Work

Do generic config settings used by all apps belong in the generic
[LDraw] section as well?

Err, I missed that point in the search path discussion - or I would have
recommended putting them in a different section.

Why would you recommend that?  My current ldraw.ini is loaded with
search paths in the [LDraw] section.  I'd say it's the other stuff
that doesn't belong there.

[LDraw]
BaseDirectory=C:\ldraw
Convert=c:\lcad\software\im
LDLite=c:\lcad\software\ldlite
L3Lab=c:\lcad\software\l3lab
Launcher=4845,4395,9510,6555
LDAO Modeler=8100,7305,8865,5730
Minifig Modeler=6150,4815,6900,5730
LgeoDirectory=C:\lego\lgeo

If [configurations] is too generic, then how about [LDraw.configurations]?

That could work.  Why'd you choose a dot instead of a space, as in
[LDraw Configurations]?  Both LDAO and LDDP currently use spaces, but
I do have something called [LPSSettings.StrHolder1_Strings].  Don't
know what it's for though...

Don