 CAD / Development / 9805
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:31:35 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kyle McDonald wrote:

How about a ldcfgblk.ldr? For those of us who prefer to edit on a
black background instead of a paper white one?

I suppose the software could just swap edge=0 for edge=8 and vice
versa, but what about the non-black and white edges?

I'd say we're getting to the point where -- if there are going to be more than a
handful of color configurations -- we'd want to think about some alternate
distribution/management methods for 'color configurations'.  Similar to what
other softwares do with downloading 'skins'.

That sounds sensible.

Also it's occurred to me since my last post on the
internationization topic, that the Color names, and color
definitions might be better off split up.

1. If the skins or theme's catch on, there's no sense having a
'localized' version of every theme.

2. When a new color is added or an old one updated, who wants to
have to go and edit every copy with the same data.

Seems easier to have the numeric vales in one file and the names
in multiple other files. Maybe the default (or 'C' Locale ;) )
names are in with the numeric definitons, and you only need an
colornames file if you want different names?

-Kyle

--
                              _