 CAD / Development / 9791
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:26:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Ewww!  Who picked the yucky edge colors?  I mean, black edges are fine
for *printed* instructions, but in my personal opinion they're not nearly
bright and cheerful enough for on screen modeling.  :-<

And I'm fairly certain that 9 out of 10 focus group members would
back me up on this...

Are you being entirely ironic about this, or only partially?  That is,
do you like or dislike the mostly-black edge colors?  I can't tell from
your post.

Sorry about that.  I really don't like it, except for printing out
paper copies.  And that's probabably only because of inkjet printer
limitations (there's almost always a black cartridge).

Either way, I must mention that I haven't changed most of the data;
the current 'official' ldconfig.ldr file has these same specifications
for edge-colors.

Sure, but I've mostly ignored it because the file format was still
in flux.  However, I think I did whine a bit when some of the peeron
pics started appearing with black edges.

  http://news.lugnet.com/admin/database/?n=1605

I guess everyone has since switched over from the nice cheerful
original ldraw/ldlite colors to the new depressing yucky edge colors.
Oh well.  Do you think you could release alternate ldconfig.ldr
with the original edge colors?

The official file is at:
http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/ldconfig.ldr
(and probably on your hard drive, at C:\ldraw\ldconfig.ldr)

The [unofficial] file is at:
http://www.ldraw.org/library/unofficial/ldconfig.ldr

Don