 CAD / Development / 9797
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:41:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Meanwhile, how would you handle multiple color setups in say the
LDRAW.INI file?  I can imagine wanting to switch easily between the
ldconfig.ldr file for printing, and the alt version for web instructions
and on screen work.

Yeah, I could see a section in LDRAW.INI like:

[Configurations]
0=ldconfig.ldr
1=ldcfgalt.ldr

Yes, I like it.  However, is it different from the way we decided
to number the search paths?  Last I remember, we decided to stick
them in the generic [LDraw] section and number them like this.

[LDraw]
LdrawSearch01=<HIDE>C:\LDrawXtra\MyPrims\In Work
LdrawSearch02=C:\LDrawXtra\MyParts\In Work

Do generic config settings used by all apps belong in the generic
[LDraw] section as well?

Actually maybe a new meta tag (or 2) would allow multiple named
color settings in one ldconfig.ldr file.

Well, yeah -- but then there'd have to be another interface element to
allow the user to select the colorblock.  I think it would be easier
and more powerful to keep separate config files, and provide the user
methods to select the appropriate config.

Me too, but I had to put that idea out there just in case...

Don