 CAD / Development / 9795
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:21:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Meanwhile, how would you handle multiple color setups in say the
LDRAW.INI file?  I can imagine wanting to switch easily between the
ldconfig.ldr file for printing, and the alt version for web instructions
and on screen work.

Yeah, I could see a section in LDRAW.INI like:

[Configurations]
0=ldconfig.ldr
1=ldcfgalt.ldr

Actually maybe a new meta tag (or 2) would allow multiple named
color settings in one ldconfig.ldr file.

Well, yeah -- but then there'd have to be another interface element to allow the
user to select the colorblock.  I think it would be easier and more powerful to
keep separate config files, and provide the user methods to select the
appropriate config.

Steve