 CAD / Development / 9808
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:08:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Why would you recommend that?  My current ldraw.ini is loaded with
search paths in the [LDraw] section.  I'd say it's the other stuff
that doesn't belong there.

[LDraw]
BaseDirectory=C:\ldraw
Convert=c:\lcad\software\im
LDLite=c:\lcad\software\ldlite
L3Lab=c:\lcad\software\l3lab
Launcher=4845,4395,9510,6555
LDAO Modeler=8100,7305,8865,5730
Minifig Modeler=6150,4815,6900,5730
LgeoDirectory=C:\lego\lgeo

If you mean the Launcher, LDAO Modeler, and Minifig Modeler keys -- those
are old.  The current version of LDAO stores these keys in the
[LDraw Add-On] section.

Ah ha!  I thought I saw some duplicates in there.  Then the only thing
left in [LDraw] is the various paths to find things.  I like that.

If [configurations] is too generic, then how about [LDraw.configurations]?

That could work.  Why'd you choose a dot instead of a space, as in
[LDraw Configurations]?  Both LDAO and LDDP currently use spaces, but
I do have something called [LPSSettings.StrHolder1_Strings].  Don't
know what it's for though...

To me, a dot looks more like a delimiter than a space.  It somewhat
indicates that [LDraw.Configurations] is a subspace of [LDraw].  But
it's really just a string, any other meaning is read into it by us
humans, so either dot or space would work the same.

Ok, so how about this?

[LDraw.Configurations]
#  FILE Config Name LOCALE
0=ldconfig.ldr default EN
1=ldcfgalt.ldr ldlite EN
2=ldconfig_DE.ldr default DE
3=ldcfgalt_DE.ldr ldlite DE
4=ldconfig_FR.ldr default FR

Where ldraw.org takes responsibility for distributing the official
"Austrailian flavor" files ldconfig.ldr and ldcfgalt.ldr.  The first
one has the drab black edge lines and is suitable for printing.  The
second one has the bright cheerful ldraw/ldlite edge lines and is
suitable for dark backgrounds.  Responsibility for other languages
can be assumed by someone who actually speaks it, and perhaps we (err,
Steve?) can come up with a way to list them with via an update script
of some sort.

I can't imagine any other "themes" or "skins" will ever become
popular enough to generate a substantial following, but this setup
could support them if it happens.

Don