 CAD / Development / 9807
Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:50:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Why would you recommend that?  My current ldraw.ini is loaded with
search paths in the [LDraw] section.  I'd say it's the other stuff
that doesn't belong there.

[LDraw]
BaseDirectory=C:\ldraw
Convert=c:\lcad\software\im
LDLite=c:\lcad\software\ldlite
L3Lab=c:\lcad\software\l3lab
Launcher=4845,4395,9510,6555
LDAO Modeler=8100,7305,8865,5730
Minifig Modeler=6150,4815,6900,5730
LgeoDirectory=C:\lego\lgeo

If you mean the Launcher, LDAO Modeler, and Minifig Modeler keys -- those are
old.  The current version of LDAO stores these keys in the [LDraw Add-On]
section.

If [configurations] is too generic, then how about [LDraw.configurations]?

That could work.  Why'd you choose a dot instead of a space, as in
[LDraw Configurations]?  Both LDAO and LDDP currently use spaces, but
I do have something called [LPSSettings.StrHolder1_Strings].  Don't
know what it's for though...

To me, a dot looks more like a delimiter than a space.  It somewhat indicates
that [LDraw.Configurations] is a subspace of [LDraw].  But it's really just a
string, any other meaning is read into it by us humans, so either dot or space
would work the same.

Steve