 CAD / Development / 9710
Re: Questions On ldconfig.ldr (Was: colours.txt -> LDraw-org Official Part Updates!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 02:01:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
This is what the ldconfig.ldr file is.  Look for it the LDraw base dir.

Oh boy, I've never noticed that one! Must be because of its misleading name and
extension.  So, what does the A, DR, DG, DB, DA columns stand for? (A is always
= 255, so one can wonder what good it does.)

A = alpha (transparency)
DR, DG, DB, DA = dithered RGB,A.

If RGB = D(RGB), then the color is solid.  If DA=0, the color is transparent.
Otherwise, the color is dithered and/or translucent.

It should benifit from some more columns, like names and color-numbers for
Peeron and Bricklink. And, with permission from TLC, also LEGO.

Actually, that kind of information should be set up in a full-fledged (but small)
database.

Steve