 CAD / Development / 9187
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:05:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jennifer L. Boger wrote:
I asked about this and got a sort of vague responce:

The CMYK is given to tell people what the CMYK value is.
If you want to print with it because it is better for printing, then use >that.

    It should be, since most modern printers use cyan, magenta, and yellow ink
for color printing (I'm guessing "K" is for "blacK"?).  In working with light,
the primaries are red, blue, and green, and the secondaries are cyan, magenta,
and _amber_ (a bit on the orangy side).  It makes sense that they'd want to have
seperate color values for printing, given their fondness for printing color
instruction manuals.