 CAD / Development / 9708
Re: Questions On ldconfig.ldr (Was: colours.txt -> LDraw-org Official Part Updates!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:37:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
(btw, the file colours.txt is very close to what I have in mind, only that what
I think of should not be limited to 80 colours, it should be stored in the LDraw
BaseDir, and finally I think it should be included in the ldraw.org official
parts update!)

This is what the ldconfig.ldr file is.  Look for it the LDraw base dir.

-Orion

Oh boy, I've never noticed that one! Must be because of its misleading name and
extension.  So, what does the A, DR, DG, DB, DA columns stand for? (A is always
= 255, so one can wonder what good it does.)

Well the spec is changing so these commands will go away.

We (the LSC) are working to get the spec for the color definitions (the !COLOR
Meta coomand) finalize by the next parts release.

It should benifit from some more columns, like names and color-numbers for
Peeron and Bricklink. And, with permission from TLC, also LEGO.

What softwares get their data from this file?

LDView currently uses this file and once we finalize the !COLOR command I think
LDGLite, L3P and MLCad will release updates that use it.

-Orion