 CAD / Development / 9196
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 01:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
ok, what is "Neon orange" and how does it differ from "Tr. Flu. Reddish
orange"?

     My guess is that "Neon Orange" is an opaque color, since it does not
include the "Tr." qualifier.  I'd also guess that it does not actually glow
under blacklight, as it is listed as "Neon" instead of "Flourescent" (i.e. it's
probably just a really bright orange).  I was able to positively identify 14
different transparent colors used between System and Technic (Clikits, I just
realized, uses at least two more transparent shades, as neither the trans-orange
nor trans-pink are glow under blacklight like the Toa eyepieces that are closest
in color), and I was able to find 14 entries that began with the letters "TR"
(including "transparent"), so I'm reasonably certain that there aren't any
others in use for the main lines.  The annoying thing is that Tr. Light Blue
looks very similar to Tr. Flu. Blue, and Tr. Flu. Red looks very close to Tr.
Flu. Reddish Orange.  The easiest way to identify them (regardless of whether
you have samples of both or not) is to shine a blacklight flourescent tube on
them (don't waste your money on incandescent blacklight bulbs).