 CAD / Development / 9178
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:25:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dan Boger wrote:
On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 08:32:26PM +0000, Ray Sanders wrote:
Fantastic ! Is that believed to be complete, even inclusive of the odd
scala, belville and HP colors ?

We can't be sure - we've asked that someone look into it for us.  Once
we find out, we'll let you know :)

Dan

After staring at this list for a while, I think it will be a sea change to use
some of these names. For example: color #25 is called 'Earth Orange'. To my eye,
this looks much darker than the color of a Kaadu (which we have called earth
orange, for lack of more official naming). I am *very* happy to see something
that we can depend on for consistancy, but I see a very real need for a 'Rosetta
stone' to help up transition from the old names (various color naming systems)
to this set.

Ray