 CAD / Development / 9182
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:21:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dan Boger wrote:
Thanks to Jake and TLC, we just posted an official LEGO color chart, with
RGB, CMYK, and Pantone colors, and a danglish name!

Take a look:

     Eesh.  As neat as that is to see, the color samples for a lot of them
(especially the red/purple range) look like various shades of puce on my
monitor, and I'm not used to having problems in that color range.  It took me
about five minutes to match up just the 14 transparent colors, and I suspect
it's going to be at least ten times harder to match up all of the regular opaque
colors.

We will be working in the next few weeks with LDraw to associate each of >these colors with our current names.

     Good luck.  You're going to need it.  I've seen instances of identically
colored parts being listed as either violet or purple, and other parts being
listed as either light blue or medium blue.  The inconsistency of color
identification from inventory submissions is going to add in an annoying
challenge.  Hopefully, though, this will provide the first step towards better
color matching.