 CAD / Development / 9200
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:12:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ray Sanders wrote:
After staring at this list for a while, I think it will be a sea change to
use some of these names. For example: color #25 is called 'Earth Orange'. To
my eye, this looks much darker than the color of a Kaadu (which we have
called earth orange, for lack of more official naming).

     That's because the official Earth Orange color _is_ darker than the
Kaadu. The Kakama mask and feet used on Huki from the Bionicle line (McD's
Matoran/Tohunga set from September 01) are the color officially termed Earth
Orange (as was listed in the official Kanohi list on Bionicle.com).  I have
no idea what they call the color used for the Kaadu, but it is considerably
lighter.

     Whoops.  I got my "oranges" mixed up there.  The official Earth Orange was
actually identified as what we know as brown (tree pieces, Pohatu, wagon
wheels).  The official Kanohi checklist used to identify it as this color, but
some of the more unusual color names (like this one) were changed to be less
confusing.  Huki is "Dark Orange", and I have no idea what the Kaadu is, but it
is actually lighter than Huki.