 CAD / Development / 9193
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:21:33 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dan Boger wrote:
We will be working in the next few weeks with LDraw to associate each of >these colors with our current names.

     Here's my meager contribution to the cause:

Transparent colors:
40 Transparent
     Pretty easy, it's colorless and you can see through it.

41 Tr. Red
     Spybotics Snaptrax, Darth Vader's lightsaber blade, Blacktron, etc. (dark
blood red)

42 Tr. Lg blue
     Kohrak eyes, Luke apprentice/Anakin lightsaber blades (more of a
trans-cyan, looks like it could be flourescent, but does not glow under
blacklight)

43 Tr. Blue
     Spybotics Gigamesh, Futuron (very dark blue)

44 Tr. Yellow
     Blacktron, classic Space (traditional yellow)

47 Tr. Flu. Reddish orange
     Ice Planet 2002 skis and chainsaws (only transparent orange shade, glows
bright orange under blacklight)

48 Tr. Green
     Spybotics Technojaw, Space Police II, Castle dragon flame used for seaweed
fronds (very dark green)

49 Tr. Flu. Green
     Luke Jedi lightsaber blade, Blacktron II (glows bright yellowish-green
under blacklight)

111 Tr. Brown
     Evidentally what is commonly referred to as "smoke" or "trans-black", since
I can't find any evidence of an actual brown transparent shade, or a listing for
a grey transparent shade (medium grey)

113 Tr. Medi. reddish violet
     Spybotics Shadowstrike, "Mace Windu lightsaber blade" from HP sets (looks
close to basic purple)

126 Tr. Bright bluish violet
     Swirly-magic 4x radar dish from Dumbledore's Office (looks nearly blue)

143 Tr. Flu. Blue
     Kopaka/Nuju eyes and High Flyers mini-cockpit (glows bright blue under
blacklight)

157 Tr. Flu. Yellow
     Bionicle Gali/Nokama eyes, Misprint Kaukau (more amber than yellow, glows
bright yellow under blacklight)

158 Tr. Flu. Red
     Bionicle Tahu/Vakama eyes (I can't recall ever seeing this color anywhere
else, but it's vaguely pinkish and glows bright white w/ a hint of pink under
blacklight)