 CAD / Development / 9179
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:36:58 GMT

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 09:25:38PM +0000, Ray Sanders wrote:
After staring at this list for a while, I think it will be a sea
change to use some of these names. For example: color #25 is called
'Earth Orange'. To my eye, this looks much darker than the color of a
Kaadu (which we have called earth orange, for lack of more official
naming). I am *very* happy to see something that we can depend on for
consistancy, but I see a very real need for a 'Rosetta stone' to help
up transition from the old names (various color naming systems) to
this set.

The way I see it, we probably will never switch to calling colors by
their LEGO names - some, like 'Lig. Yellowich Orange' just don't work
for me :)  It would be nice to correlate the names we use to the entries
in the table.  For that matter, it would be nice to be able to have a
comprehensive chart, that includes all the known naming conventions.  The
best bit of data I see getting from LEGO's chart is just the RGB/Pantone
values for the colors.  Those we could use, especially in LDraw/POV
applications.

Dan

--
Dan Boger