 CAD / Development / 9197
Re: Official LEGO Color Chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 02:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Dan Boger wrote:
On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 08:32:26PM +0000, Ray Sanders wrote:
Fantastic ! Is that believed to be complete, even inclusive of the odd
scala, belville and HP colors ?

We can't be sure - we've asked that someone look into it for us.  Once
we find out, we'll let you know :)

Dan

No, the list is not complete - at BW03 Bill (one of the MasterBuilders) brought
out his color list and let us see it. He even had a color copy of it he handed
out to a few of us. If I recall correctly these are the colors they (the
MasterBuilders) could order, and they were the 2003 colors.

He gave Todd L. the list of names that went with the numbers with the
undersanding Todd would post them, but I do not recall that list ever making it
to the public.

Anyway, I have a pic of the color plate he brought out here:

http://www.landofbricks.com/bl/colors.jpg

You will see the some (maybe all, I did not check each and every one) missing
numbers on the public list are on this example.

It is good to see a list wiggle its way out to the public after all these years.
Kinda funny how we get what we want and say 'ah, ok - well we like our names
better' as I do not see BL using these names either.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

I did a comparison of the list from peeron with the color tile swatches from
your photo...  The TLC/peeron list has a range of colors above 200 that are not
on the tile swatches. Conversely, the tile swatches are present for the
following numbers that are not on the list: 20, 109, 114, 117, 129, 132, 144 and
156. The TLC list does not mention any glitter colors, but 114, 117, 129 and 132
appear to have glitter. All but 132 may be Clikit colors. 132 (which looks like
black glitter) might be the color used for the SW 7159 buckets. I wonder if all
the other number gaps were once valid colors.

Ray