 Ambassadors / 67
Re: Your LEGO Dream Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 22:17:17 GMT

Sorry to reply to my own post, just realized the links were not in Lugnet format, here is the revised version:

Greetings I am Mister Phes the administrator of the Pirate LEGO Forum and I’m here to represent a vast number of Pirate LEGO fanatics at the forum.

For a “dream” Pirate LEGO set I’d be willing to pay up to US$150 so long as the set was large and well designed.

Briefly I shall reveal what I (and many at the Pirate LEGO Forum) would love to see, although some users have ideas which I won’t mentioned as they may wish to do so themselves.

1) A large fortress (preferably Imperial Armada) using the the 48 x 32 baseplate.

2) Small ship(s) with brick built hulls like the “Cutter” from 6277 Imperial Trading Post. No need to make all ships use large hull pieces!

3) A non pirate or non military ship(s) and building(s). During the Golden Age of Piracy there were hundreds of colonies and settlements throughout the Caribbean so sets based on that concept would be good. Particularly if they were sets that could be built individually but also placed adjacent one another to form a large village. View Puerto Brico for an example

4) Mini-figure packs/army builders. There are never enough Imperial Armada or Imperial Guards mini-figures! Perhaps something like Imperial Ground Forces would be interesting.

5) A military War Galleon or Frigate. In other words a large ship like 6265 Black Seas Barracuda only for the Imperial Guards or Imperial Armada.

What’s important is any dream Pirate set would have to retain a similar design style to the original SYSTEM Pirate theme yet it could incorporate newer LEGO elements, just so long as it didn’t look too far removed from the original pirate sets (I.e. Knights Kingdom 2 vs Classic Castle). Puerto Brico has established a brilliant equilibrium between old style design while incorporating recent LEGO pieces so something along the lines would be excellent.

Pirates in general seem to be more popular than ever amongst children and its a wonder The LEGO Company hasn’t taken logical steps to capitalise on this. Obviously the SYSTEM Pirate theme isn’t as popular as Classic Castle, but after nearly a decade of absence its no surprise, its not fresh in minds of the LEGO world. However, we at the Pirate LEGO forum are building momentum and will continue to remind the rest of LEGO world how great this theme is! (And how profitable it could be to The LEGO Company should new Pirate sets be released)