 Ambassadors / 54
Re: Your LEGO Dream Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:14:37 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:

What would be your LEGO Dream Set?

I’d like to see a Star Wars Creatures Creator-style set.

My favorite Creator/Designer sets are the amimal based models (4884 Wild Hunters, 4506 Deep Sea Predators, etc.). With LEGO ignoring some of the most popular monsters from Star Wars (no EpII Execution Arena set? no Rancor in the Jabba’s Palace set?) a Creator set with instructions to build a variety of creatures - in minifig scale - would be great.

Suggested Creatures to build:

EpI: Eopie, Faamba, Opee Sea Killer.

EpII: Acklay, Nexu, Reek.

EpIII: Are there any creatures in EpIII other than the lizared thing Obi-wan rides? (and which has already appeared in the General Grevous set).

EpIV: Bantha, Ronto.

EpV: Tauntaun, Wampa, Mynock.

EpVI: Rancor, Sarlacc (on a beefier scale than the one that appeared in the Sail Barge set).

And in a first for a Creator themed set, how about 5-6 minifigs to compliment the set?

EpI: A Gungan Warrior with the Faamba or Qui-gon Jinn with the Eopie.

EpII: An Execution Arena Padme.

EpIV: A Tusken Raider to ride the Bantha and/or Jawa to ride the Ronto.

EpV: A Hoth Luke Skywalker with double sided head (normal and with Wampa battle damage).

EpVI: A Jedi Luke Skywalker makes the most sense, but a dancing girl Oola or a Rancor keeper would work too.

As for how much I would pay for such a set: Most Creator sets seem to go for 5-6 cents per piece. Add 6-8 dollars if minifigs are included.

Ken