 Ambassadors / 35
Re: Your LEGO Dream Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:41:33 GMT

A great question!

I too would love to see more realistic castle theme stuff like what I found in the miniland at Legoland Deutschland this past September, except in minifig scale (for affordability reasons). Basic multi-functional architectural pieces should be used, rather than large specialized blobs that have few other uses. The main colors should, of course, be greys and tans. Maybe we can even return to the old greys and forget the new greys debacle.

It would be really cool to have a whole line of modular castle sets which both stand on their own and could be joined into a major castle complex. The possibilites are endless. Individual sets could include towers, gatehouses, and keeps as already suggested, plus basic wall sections, stables, a palace, a dungeon, shops (blacksmith, carpenter, bakery, etc.), chapels, etc. Of course, the rooms should all be furnished. Sets could vary in size and price, but obviously the ultimate goal would be to collect enough sets to have a complete castle. Please don’t forget minifigs since they always boost sales, but make the minifigs more varied. I have plenty of kings and grand knights, but I can sure use some more smiths, serfs, peasants, and of course maidens.

Another completely unrelated idea would be a collection of sets of realistic animals like the ones scattered throughout the Legoland parks. The life-size elephants are probably beyond the reach of most of us, but I particularly liked the brown squirrels at Legoland Deutschland; they were much better than the red ones in Legoland California. The size, scale and price can all be tweaked to optimize sales. The life-size squirrels in the Germany park would probably work out to $40 or $50 sets, but I’m sure they could be scaled down to under $30 without sacrificing too much. Maybe chipmonks would be even cheaper.

Thanks for asking! Alex