 Ambassadors / 25
Re: Your LEGO Dream Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:23:00 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
   (Recently, a thread was posted on 1000steine by my fellow LEGO Ambassadors, Stephan & Volker. Here is a similar thread in English.)

Here is the question:

What would be your LEGO Dream Set?

I am thrilled (and would love to see more) of the creator and X pod type of sets... (like the new mosaic sets, COOL!)

These sort of sets, to me, is the company getting back to basics and what they are good at. It is also what I see parents that want to buy Lego are looking for (as well its what I suggest for them to buy when they ask.)

Although, when working shows, tons of parents ask me, “Why are there not a few figs in the tubs?” That would probably increase sales.

5 years ago there were small “basic” type sets, “Tina and Max” (Jack Stone size figs)... eg... http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4120 and http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4118 Bring back those sets, but do them with minifigs, windows that arent 2 deep, and smaller tires instead. They were affordable, 10-30 dollar range, and made perfect birthday and holiday gifts for kids and would be a great way for adult town builders to amase some windows and figs. Also, lots of kids want tiny parts for detailing, like one by one trans tiles and rounds. Ohhhh shiney!

I guess I dream small...

Personally I would also like to see some more “service packs”.

One of windows and doors that arent all red, white and green. Hopefully more neutral colours, (such as tan, dark tan, white, grey, dark grey). (One stud deep, not the 2 stud deep variety.)

As well, the return of clear panel (3 by 4 by 1) service packs and the small white windows ( 2 by 2 by 1) with glass would be welcomed.

Janey “Red Brick”