 Trains / Train Organizations / 2765
Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:57:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, William R. Ward wrote:
What puzzled me was the
statement that *clubs* paid you to hire a van.  In my experience, the clubs are
the ones receiving the money, not giving it.  A typical GATS train show that we
participate in will have 5-10 layouts, each by a different club (including
ours).  The show itself is put on by the Great American Train Show which is a
company, not a club, that has shows at various venues around the country every
year.

True. But this varies by region, in some regions GATS is not the only show
organizer.

For example, MichLTC does more shows (by a wide margin) that are put on and
organized by local clubs, than shows put on by GATS. And in the case of a local
club doing the organizing, it's that local club paying the appearance fee. (to
other clubs in most cases, although sometimes to indviduals with large layouts)