 Trains / Train Organizations / 2745
Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:15:35 GMT

Here is what NELUG uses.

Most of our tables are 40.25" x 40.25" or 4x4 32x32 baseplates.  The extra .25"
is to account for the fact that the baseplates are not exactly 10" square but
ever so slightly larger.  We also use some 40.25" x 20.125".  Finally we are
considering adding some larger 40.25" x 80.5" tables.

Of course transportation is easier for us as NELUG owns its own 6'x10' box
trailer.  Our tables are made out of 1x2 pine and 3/8" plywood with 2" PVC pipe
as legs.  This makes our tables light, cheap, and easy to carry but not sturdy
enough for any of us to stand on them.  The tables all bolt together at the show
and are not painted as we cover 100% of the table surface with baseplates.

I would estimate that each 40.25" x 40.25" table costs between $15 - $17 each.

All of our tables can be configured in lots of combinations fairly easily.

Eric Kingsley