 Trains / 30169
Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:11:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:

they are reading it!

Dear LEGO:

Please don't screw up this new train system like you screwed up the color
change.

We need something that can run multiple trains (GMLTC has 7 operating loops on
our layout.), something that can pull long / heavy trains, something that can
hook up multiple motors to one or more battery boxes.

Ugh.  "Battery boxes".  Just typing those words makes me cringe.  I can imagine
the faces the 'traditional' model railroaders we meet at train shows will make
when we tell them these trains run on batteries.

I've been building with LEGO bricks for over 40 years.  They've been my favorite
toy almost my entire life.  And, quite honestly, I'm afraid that this new train
system is going to suck.  There, I said it.

Prove me wrong, LEGO.

JohnG, GMLTC
(my opinions and viewpoints do not necessarily represent the opinions and
viewpoints of the GMLTC.)