 Trains / 30158
Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:19:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:

if you guys think this is a good idea please post
here... they are reading it!

That sounds interesting, although thinking about it from the standpoint of
robotics & robotic trains even more ideas are presenting themselves to me. I'm
not sure how this would work with trains... if a discharging train hits a power
section of old 9V track, it might automatically stop, holding in that position
to recharge... but that blocks the track. In other words, while completely
automated here when the line goes down that loop goes down, right? Stil very
useful, but I'm trying to think of a better way.

Roboticly, I now want your hypothetical train battery pack for my NXT, so I can
have an automated self-recharging robot. About the only thing we're lacking
there is a pure-LEGO charging connection.

--
Brian Davis