 Trains / 30141
Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:18:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dave Sterling wrote:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I know it probably won't be an issue
right away since most people will probably stick with mainly 9V for the time
being.  But at some point...it will be an issue.

-Dave

I agree that IR is not ideal for all the reasons previously listed.  I hope WiFi
is a consideration for a later release.  Line of site controlers just are not
practical for large layouts but I would guess we will find a way to manage.  The
limited frequencies/channels are also a concern.

I am sure we will find a way to adjust even if it causes pain initially.

-Eric