 Trains / 30170
Re: RSS Feed of lugnet.trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:01:12 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:JxqrzF.13E@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
Hi all,

Aside from coding a feed myself, has anyone come up with an RSS feed of
only
lugnet.trains? I know that Dan Boger has created a nice feed of all of
the
posts on Lugnet, but I would like a train specific one, so I can
aggregate
the posts to <http://www.railbricks.com Railbricks.com> (which just got a
little facelift).

ILtco.org has a "What's new in lugnet.trains?" box that used to work, but
doesn't appear to be working now. Not sure how they were grabbing it, but
may be
worth asking.

ROSCO

I apologize for the delayed response on this subject, I have been on
vacation for the last couple of weeks and ended waaaaaaay behind on e-mail
and many other things.

The ILTCO feed (which is working now, sorry about that, LUGNET changed the
NNTP port number I was using) is done with a piece of PHP code which
accesses the NNTP server.  It essentially mimics a News Reader, queries the
server and displays the 5 most recent articles.

You are welcome to the PHP code, I wrote it years ago so it isn't a thing of
beauty and it certaintly isn't how I would do it now but it does work.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com