 Trains / 17163 (-100)
  Letter to the NMRA

Below is an excerpt of a recent letter I wrote to the NMRA. An obscure point perhaps, but worthy of consideration nonetheless... ___...___ As the NMRA membership may or may not know, there are a significant number of persons who build trains out of (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Pennsylvania Railroad, 4-4-2, Class E6s "Atlantic" type is in the Pennsylvania RR Museum in Strasburg PA: (URL) believe it is fitted with a water scoop as it stands in the museum. There are several photographs of the track pan in use including (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Google is your friend. Try a search with these keywords, about 1/2 of the first page is relevant references steam water track pan railroad This is not a bad reference (URL) and NYC (mad competitors on the NY-Chicago run) both used them to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) My point was not can they make an interesting layout with the pieces, but more do they actually make parallel tracks and such using the differing radii. (...) A 1/4 or 1/2 section would be real nice (we really only need the 1/4 section), and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Thanks! :-) -Frank (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) I have a few pictures in books which I used as examples. I found a picture of an articulated waterspout online here: (URL)For your next trick, please build a functional track pan! (3) (...) I didn't know this way of taking water existed! I (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) In Holland, there was usually about 1/2 meter of leather "pipe" attached to the swivel head to allow for a bit more "play" in positioning the watersprout. Putting the engine in reverse was not allowed for passenger trains here, what was done (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Decidedly european, but nifty (double articulation/swivel points on the spout are not common IS practice IIRC (1), it was usually just a swivel(2) (if a standpipe) or a boom dropping down from the side of the water tank ) For your next trick, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

(...) Conincidently, a new Modern Marvels episode on the History Channel (US) tonight (10:00 PM eastern) Tuesday 6-Aug-02: "Towing" Tugboats; roller-coasters; *funicular railroads*; flat-bed truck; 747. -Rob. (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) the (...) I remember about all of it, and whenever I go to a childrens store I play with the Brio a little bit. I also had 3-way switches, that was a while ago though. But when I was real young, I had awesome layouts in the same part of my (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

I think any of the 12V accessories would be good in a re-release though a system like DCC would be a hit from the posts and websites I've seen. (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post> - signals

(...) I agree with 4. I love signals and all the lineside stuff. It wouldn't be that difficult to build working and lit signals, either: (URL) are to British outline, but the same principles would apply to upper quadrant US signals. Flex is a great (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H0E9Fv.F7u@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snip ... ] (...) to (...) All of them. There is enough slop in the way Brio track connects that kids can make just about anything work. We have a layout (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) bridges... I wouldn't count ramps and bridges, at least in comparison to LEGO or other track systems (though these days you can get HO bridge track from at least one manufacturer, and bridge track is different from normal straight track, and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Here to stay this time (i.e. My full return to the brick)

On second thought, maybe not...(goes back into hiatus) -Harvey (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

"Even the wooden track systems don't have than many different pieces, and that's a toy system almost exclusively for trains." Perhaps I miss read this, but Brio has a ton of track elements... Straights: 2", 4.25", 5.5", 8.5", & ramps. Curves: 3.5", (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) Actually, I would argue that the 4.5v/12v turnouts have a better geometry than the 9v. Adjacent tracks touching looks a lot better (and gets more yard into a small space) than adjacent tracks being so far apart. Of course the 4.5v/12v geometry (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

I really like the work you did (should have said this sooner)!! While going through my LEGO train links I found a work built by another train enthusiast in 2000. (URL) looks like you didn't have to go through the headache of drawing the power from (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

"John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbu...ospam.com> wrote in message news:H0DKpp.9nt@lugnet.com... (...) Let's hope so, but let's hope also that the turnout geometry is fixed to allow a proper crossover between two tracks a standard width apart and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) I am beginning to think that there is no real hope for this from TLC. I just don't think they can justify the R&D cost, the production ramp up cost, and the division of volume amongst more track components. The current track components work (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

Jean-Marc Détraz <legomotive@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H0DL8D.B75@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) need (...) stable (...) is (...) I (...) ;~) That is what I meant, the technic frame can move up and down, right? (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) [snip] my wishlist: 1. bigger drive wheels for steam engines in colour red and black (with an excenter hole for a technic peg => moving connecting rods) and with the possibility to connect them to a technic axle for synchronous drive). 2. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) Yup. (...) Yup. (...) I'd settle for a complete overhaul of train wheels to American-style Bettendorf trucks. This possibly would be my number 1. Redesign the couplers, but I'm going to use non-LEGO anyway, so I really don't care if they do or (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

(...) Thanks a lot. (...) Actually, I just fixed the tooth-plates off center for easier construction (and I don't have enough of Jumpers anyway). By using the technic gear 24 tooth crown, I have enough contact with the plates. (URL) think that you (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) Ok, since you asked: 1: Larger radius curved track. The current track geometry is good for small layouts, but difficult to work with for larger trains and larger layouts. There are rumors that LEGO is already working on this. 2: Larger driver (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  5 points<long post>

If you could have 5 requests from Lego, what would they be? Here are mine: 5. Sante Fe Super Chief Accesory pack to build a B-Unit. 4. Signal and M.O.W. Kits.(Signals could even be dummies) 3. A M.O.T. Box Car with everything needed to build a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Waterspout for steamtrains

Hi, As part of my (steam)trainyard I've build a waterspout. An essential part in a steamtrain layout methinks! (URL) usual, let me know what you think! Work-in-progress is a small coal-loading station and a sanding tower, I'll post pictures when (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

I just bought an 2003 Toyota Matrix for the same reason. I call it "hers" and let her drive it, but it hauls Lego really well! Rob "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:H0DDCo.B8y@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

(...) It is very hard to get images of shays. Especially on the wrong-side. You can try the cass scenic railroad, but most don't offer much detail. I found a lot of images at (URL) build my shay, i was looking at several pictures in a history of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

Good looking model. Great work. Here some pictures of other funiculars: (URL) at your example it meets this: (URL) it also has a "pantograph" I'd like to see a picture of the tracks, did you use Jumper Bricks for the tooth-plates? I'd also like to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

Thanks Rob, I bought it just for hauling LEGO, my wife was tired of me taking her van every month for train shows. jt (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC version 3 (and then there were two)

(...) Glad you like them Chris, I have the third one in production now. I agree that he mix wheel count is a pain, but until LEGO makes a 6 wheel engine I'm a bit hosed. Yes GP40T-2 where made, but these really aren't "T" even though that's what (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC version 3 (and then there were two)

(...) I'm a bit slow, but I wanted to chime in and say that those engines look great. I have always loved seeing big diesels paired up like that. The windows are excellent (are they that good looking in person?) I think the mixed wheel count (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

Hi Larry, Thanks a lot for your precisions about the different terminologies. I sure appreciate the links and I finally realized the difference between a funicular and a cog railway. When I lived in switzerland, we called all those train just (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

Thats a nice truck JT. I especially like the personalized plate! -Rob "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:H0BnwF.n0C@lugnet.com... (...) change (...) two (...) we (...) funny (...) supports (...) these (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

I dropped the Lego Direct group. LOL Man, I tried. Actually I had such a mess of things when I quit as a Model Builder they just let me take home 2 K8s of bricks rather than have to sort through them. -john (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

Might want to give this site a try: (URL) Egli "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H0C7KK.5tC@lugnet.com... (...) drive/motive (...) the (...) fast (...) you'll (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Like I posted before in various threads I agree we are not the target market. Maybe if you have the finances to buy tons of sets just to get a few parts you need you can build whatever you like, most of us probably can't. And even then, some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Glad to be of service! (...) Good idea, although it'll be a digicam clip so not a very good framerate. Sadly the valve pistons are more for looks than authenticity - I couldn't find a way to get them to reciprocate in the opposite direction to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

(...) Thanks! (...) Cool. I looked at your Shay (Cass #5?) while I was hunting around for both prototype info and prior art. (...) Are there any good WWW resources with more than just a few grainy "piston side" photos of real Shays? I found some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

(...) railway or rack railway. (URL) particularly this part (URL) good info on funiculars. Funiculars are cable attached and drive/motive power comes from a lifthouse at the top (or bottom), not cogs in the power trucks. (I've ridden two Swiss ones, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) OK, OK... you guys convinced me. The stuff I perceive as european is no more authentic (to european prototypes) than the stuff you perceive as american is (authentic to american prototypes, that is). But parts is parts. We. are. not. the. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

Hello There, I spent quite a few time thinking and building this funicular. Is it the right word? It's a mountain train wich is driven on a central cogwheel drive? Please help me with the translation... {;~)) (URL) saw this type a train/railway when (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Pocketses, my precious-sss...sss, Pocketses!! The secret to successful snarfing is lots of Pocketses. Gollum (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) 4563 : loco doesn't look much German/Dutch to me... maybe French, but then the colors wouldn't be right. The red closed freight car is OK-ish, the rest is pretty much simplified 4564 : loco is pretty decent, bit like the MaK diesel range. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

You both have something that I tried for two years in the model shop to get my hands on to no avail. *grin* Congrats! Best I could do was some of the hand molded new elements that they used to prototype new model designs. -john 3 (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Actually I have some of those, I found them inside of the sculptures that we rescued ((URL) They're kind of a funny brown gray color with lots of swirls. These were used as structural supports inside of the sculptures. While repairing the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) It's in the Train Catalog. I've seen it. 5 for $148 or 2 for $65. Paul SInasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Well, I have a couple dozen assorted 'swirly' bricks.... They are kept very securely locked up. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Where do the calendar announcements go?

I've always email Jake directly to have stuff added. jt (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Where do the calendar announcements go?

Where do the calendar announcements go to be picked up by lego for this page? (URL) 3 (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Tell you what Larry, I'll colour you bright red, yellow and blue and see if that helps clear things up! :-) I guess these have all looked European in the past. The "DB" stickers didn't help matters. Being British though, they look as foreign (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) <snip> (...) I'm also missing the possibility to tap-off current from the train wheels. When this is possible, then we can add lights (LED's)in our passenger / freight cars. Just thinking on the red light that you find back on the last freight (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

We need a new train set in the shops not just from LEGO direct so that ordinary children see them and buy them. Lego trains should not just be for those with internet access. It should be based on a real train. David (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) I was hoping there would be a Christmas special of the Santa Fe loco + motor + two of the passenger Santa Fe cars + one Santa Fe baggage car. Where did you hear about the 5 car offer ? Regards, David (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Hogwort's Express

I was taking a look at the Hogwort's Express last night, terrible how they used road wheels for the model. but I like the outline of the engine. Therefore, I'll use it to make my first MOC I've built in over a year...a steam turbine electric. Has (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H08J4H.oG@lugnet.com... (...) That's exactly what I want to see, yes we *did* have them, but no more... Huw (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I was in the American model shop in Enfield and we had constraints that the model shop in Billund did not have. (Windsor Locks was just opening in my time and the Billund shop was handling their models.) We were not (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Here to stay this time (i.e. My full return to the brick)

Fellow trainheads, after an extended hiatus I announce my full return to the medium which I just can't give up for building trains no matter how hard I tried. Why the extended hiatus? Due to significant changes in my life, including a new job (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Now what?

(...) The other night I was looking through a curent Marklin catalog and something occured to me...the shape of the front/rear ends of current Euro freight engines is just about identical to the shape of the canopy on Jango Fett's ship, all it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

Hello Jason, (...) With the exception of the Metroliner, this is exactly why I don't own any of these sets. I have to admit I am tempted to get some of them just for parts, because they do have really cool parts. But I am more into 12V anyway, even (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Nah, Sand Red roof and Chrome Green bricks :-) To move this on topic, pictures of the Goose #6 will be submitted tonight to Brickshelf. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) I think the 4561 still serves a purpose as an entry level set. It's the only train set that you can get and run right out of the box. So I think it will stay around. jt (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - changed shipment date for Europe

(...) Just noticed that shipment date for 10022 has been changed for Europe. It is now 13 september, rather than 31 august. kecia (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

I would love to see an Orient Express! But seriously, the "Americanization" of the trains has got me as well. A revised 7745 TGV (fell in love when I first saw it in '85) using more current parts or something really new as an ICE would certainly (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) well, color me confused, don't we already have all that in 4563 and 4564? Just dust those off and reissue them (in different colors perhaps)! (...) But ya, everyone needs a Thomas. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) A great way for TLC to get their foot in the door WRT to European trains would be to get a licensing agreement with Britt Allcroft and produce some Thomas trains. Since they are all based upon prototypes anyway, I would think that we'd all (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H087EE.5yI@lugnet.com... (...) The shift from the old 9v models being loosely based on European prototypes to the new ones being based on US prototypes is I believe due to the fact that LD (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Perhaps it is, but they made 'recently?' a whole lot of new models for the LEGOLAND GERMANY park, so, i guess they run a whole lot more bricks than they used for the models they build. I visited LEGOLAND WINDSOR too in the opening year and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

Actually the bricks I had available in the model shop had everything to do with the inventory that Lego had. Where do you think we got our bricks from? You think that they would be unwilling to send us the elements we wanted if they had them? The (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Well, I guess to Europeans, the trains of the past have been bland and generic (though there have been less generic models like the Crocodile). To Americans (including Canadians), the trains have had a distinctly European flavor. I agree (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Bear in mind that an awful lot of Lego train enthusiasts look at these and think "Metroliner -> Amtrak -> American. Big red caboose -> American. Santa Fe -> American. Silver carriages -> American. When are we going to see some variety?" (or (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

"John Kelly 3" <jkelly3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H07sxL.5wA@lugnet.com... (...) any (...) complete (...) If (...) were (...) always (...) The inventory you had available to you in the model shop is nothing to do with the inventory of parts (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

Nice thought. When you examine what LEGO has been putting out recently in its train line what do you see? My eyes see this wonderful thing called variety. You've got Metroliner, Santa Fe (and cars for it!), the small and large train engines with (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) of those for my interlocking tower, too! :-) :-( -John (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Ok, I obviously need to keep my eyes more open. I don't remember seeing that last time I rode the train through Beverly Shores. Wacky. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Lego Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) What I want to know is why do both the "kits" cost the same but one has almost 100 more pieces? Dan (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Yeah, thats probally where the color system would have worked, or maybe they should of tryed a SFSC Freight Unit(Blue and Yellow) Dan (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

I always find these types of comments fascinating. It could be that LEGO has changed quite a bit since I was a Model Builder for them. (Well it’s changed a lot in that most of the shop I was part of was moved off shore.) One of the common (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

I'm always the guy making him nervous. I love showing that the roof comes off! I've taken to brining a cooler so kids can stand on it and peek in at the scenes inside. No problems.... yet. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

"Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H07n5n.Fn6@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) for (...) I have come to the conclusion that Lego, and/or specifically Lego Direct, have little interest in increasing the variety of bulk (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) That was me, with my version of the Oakham, Rutland (UK) signal box: (URL) just about acquired enough dark grey concaves to put proper gables above the windows of this station too: (URL) it's insane how hard it is to get the bricks! The (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

Hi, Now what? Well we can make our own MOC's of trains/cars/housing but NOT TRACK. So I would like to have MORE DIFFERENT TRACKS: - different lengths of track elements - different radius - more turnout geometries (curved, tripple) - different (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) Hi Lawrence, of course you are right. But still there is the difference between the Santa Fe (40$ in the US and 40 Eur in Germany) and the coaches (35$ but 40 Eur). The engine has more parts and a probably somewhat better part collection. In (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:H07GEu.1sp@lugnet.com... (...) true (...) also. (...) get (...) now (...) To be fair, remember that EU prices will include VAT. Whereas there is no sales tax added to mail order (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) Hallo Ben, <snip> (...) Perhaps there are little or no MEGA BLOKS in Germany, but we do have them in Belgium. And they are cheaper than Lego too! But to be honest, i don't like them that much, even i own some, just for a check if they fit good (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) Hello Jake, I just wanted to ask about pricing of the Santa Fe coaches: I have heard about a 5-waggons-kit for a discount price of 148$. Is that true and what is the number to order? For Germany that kit has already been announced for 179 Eur (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

But release 2150 with a DARK GREY roof, and maybe light grey bricks for the walls. Or sand blue. Or Maersk blue ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) Terry (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SanteFe Rail Cars sighted!

"Ed Koch" <eddiekoch@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H07A9v.9on@lugnet.com... (...) Yesterday's news. Always nice to hear again! (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  SanteFe Rail Cars sighted!

Lego.com has got the 10022 and 10025 up for pre-order! (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

Maybe LEGO can rerelease 4554/2150 in different colours for us to choose from, just like what they are doing to the steam engines KT10X, KT20X, KT30X, KT40X. (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) HA, thanks for the laugh:-) You've uncovered one of my deepest fantasies;^D (Imagine that scenario for *your* wife!) Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth. She has just started on her Ph.D. and LEGO is about the last thing on her (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) Just remember that a little bit of the credit for all this 2 wide stuff goes back to Jorn (who brought us 10020) because he designed the 2 wide "gift train" that Shaun was inspired by. That Ross, he's got some amazing chops. No idea where he (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) Anyone else notice nothing happens when you click on the zoom-in icon? ROSCO (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

In lugnet.trains, Bruce Hietbrink writes: The micro-city is great as well. (...) The yellow lane dividers are particularly brilliant - is this an original detail, or an old trick? Darrell (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Now what?

(...) pictures of a wide variety can be found at (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) than (...) Pink... (URL) sure there are better examples, but I couldn't find one. Frank (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) Yes, Tom? (...) Clearly that's not possible;-) I actually already had a project in mind for them which I haven't built yet-- Ross hijacked them! (...) In a "deal";-) -John (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Now what?

Well, they've been CAST in dark grey, just not for public consumption. Someone posted a MOC from Europe a copule weeks back, using the dark grey low slopes gotten from a Red Letter day at Legoland, from what I can remember. Personally, I think they (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact