 Trains / 17139
Re: 5 points<long post>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:39:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dan Voelkerding writes:
If you could have 5 requests from Lego, what would they be?

Ok, since you asked:

1:  Larger radius curved track.  The current track geometry is good for
small layouts, but difficult to work with for larger trains and larger
layouts.  There are rumors that LEGO is already working on this.

2:  Larger driver wheels for our steam train creations.  But, this is also
limited by the existing curved track, because if you try to use a wheel that
is too large it will want to 'climb out' of the curved tracks.  Or as an
alternative, bring back the big smooth Technic hubs that we can use to
simulate drive wheels.

3:  An American-style diesel freight engine.  The Super Chief is a nice
model for the passenger trains, what about us freight fans?

4:  More dark red elements, for modeling train lines with that color.
Wisconsin & Southern; Duluth, Misabee & Iron Range; and Twin Cities &
Western are three just in my neck of the world that have dark red coloring.
And, lets throw in some dark green, for those BNSF colors.  <grin>

5:  A train Speed Controller with more 'steps' of power.  (This might be
better handled by using RCXs to power the trains.)

5a:  A workable (bi-color LED, perhaps?) signal light system.

JohnG, GMLTC