 Trains / 17160
Re: 5 points<long post>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:39:57 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:
All of them.  There is enough slop in the way Brio track connects that kids
can make just about anything work.  We have a layout upstairs right now that
my two year old daughter (who loves her Brio trains) put together.  She
(with some help) is able to grasp the process of connecting the pieces of
track together.  The fact that she uses two different radius curvers bothers
her none.  The track has turned which is her goal.

My point was not can they make an interesting layout with the pieces,
but more do they actually make parallel tracks and such using the
differing radii.

I would love to see LEGO have the same track selection that Brio has however
my first choice would probably be the 1/4 and 1/2 track sections.  These
should be easy to do.  Didn't LEGO introduce the cross track element in the
last three years or so?

A 1/4 or 1/2 section would be real nice (we really only need the 1/4
section), and that would be a useful piece even if no other pieces came
out. A larger radius curve would provide for somewhat better operation,
but probably mostly what it would do is encourage even longer cars which
would have no hope of reliably negotiating turnouts. Already show layout
planning is compromised because you really need to avoid running the
main line through the divergent path of the turnout.

Frank