 Trains / 17214
Re: 5 points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:06:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan writes:

Now our friend (and hero) James M. did something in the same line with the
SF cars/wagons; a set from which you can build 3 different models.
This could be applied to locs; a set with loads of pieces (a train base of
course, 4 doors, 2 pantographs, (inverted) slopes) in one colour + some
plates in a totally different colour for stripping (this will be a Dutch
English word which will mean something totally different for you
English/American people, if so, I'm sorry). Now this set could be sold in
say 5 different (esoteric, not the obvious red please) colours, like an
orange train with green details, a brown train with yellow details, a blue
train with with details, dark grey and pink, etc. In that way you can mix
and match and build your own locs, be it electric, diesel, US or European.

Erm, that's it actually.

Jeroen
Yeah, that would be cool, then you could build any engine with those colors.
Lego should have the color thing in that rather then the MOT series. Thats
where the color would have really worked b/c most(not all) engines were black.
Diesels and electrics come in many colors and thats where it would pay off.
I wish they would sell 1x1x1 in bulk.
And orange and more green.
Dan