 Trains / 17131
Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC version 3 (and then there were two)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 03:27:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:

I have completed two of the three SD40T-2 Rio Grande Engines I'm building,
as soon as I get the back ordered decals I'll finish number three.

For now here are a few shots of the two of them together:

jt

I'm a bit slow, but I wanted to chime in and say that those engines look
great. I have always loved seeing big diesels paired up like that. The
windows are excellent (are they that good looking in person?) I think
the mixed wheel count detracts from an otherwise awesome set of engines.
Have you thought of running them as an SD/GP consist? Was a GP40T-2 ever
made? Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for sharing!
Chris