 Trains / 17163
17162  |  17164
Subject:
Letter to the NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:30:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Below is an excerpt of a recent letter I wrote to the NMRA. An obscure point
perhaps, but worthy of consideration nonetheless...

As the NMRA membership may or may not know, there are a significant number
of persons who build trains out of the popular LEGO® line of building toys.
These models must be seen to be believed! We have our own discussion group
over at http://www.LUGNET.com/trains/

I have heard our LEGO® train models being referred to informally as "L
gauge". Knowing that the NMRA sets the standards for scale and gauge within
the train hobby, I was wondering if the NMRA has taken steps to officially
recognize LEGO® train creations as being "L gauge", seeing that there is no
established scale or gauge for the letter "L" designation.

Forgive me for writing such a long-winded letter, but thought I could raise
an interesting matter worthy of further discussion.

Sincerely,
Harvey Henkelman