 Trains / Train Organizations / 2089
Re: Letter to the NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:03:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
As the NMRA membership may or may not know, there are a significant number
of persons who build trains out of the popular LEGO® line of building toys.
Oh, they know about us.  The GMLTC showed at the 1999 NMRA National Convention
in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  We had a great time visiting with the president of
the NMRA who exclaimed about our layout: "This (the GMLTC layout) is just as
valid as anything else out there! (referring to other model railroad layouts
at the show).

In 2000, the BayLTC showed at the NMRA National Convention in San Jose.  I
don't recall off-hand if Andrew Reynolds was able to put something together
for the NMRA National Con in St Louis last year, but certainly the GFLTC made
a big splash this year at the 2002 Convention in Ft Lauderdale.

And the 2004 National Convention will be in Seattle:
http://www.nmra2004.org/

I'm just *guessing* that the PNTLC will be there in force!

Hmmm...  I might have to plan on a trip to Seattle in 2004.  :-)

JohnG, GMLTC