 Trains / 17082
Re: Now what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:46:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tom Stangl writes:
Well, they've been CAST in dark grey, just not for public
consumption.  Someone posted a MOC from Europe a copule weeks back,
using the dark grey low slopes gotten from a Red Letter day at Legoland,
from what I can remember.

Personally, I think they should get working on superlow, low, medium,
and high slopes in ALL shades of grey and black, with as many transition
bricks as possible, so we can really get going on roof designs for
buildings.

That was me, with my version of the Oakham, Rutland (UK) signal box:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.j.railton/specials/greensig.jpg
I've just about acquired enough dark grey concaves to put proper gables
above the windows of this station too:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.j.railton/iscc1/004.jpg

But it's insane how hard it is to get the bricks!  The opinions pages on the
Lego site are full of comments of people wanting a decent supply of roof
bricks in realistic colours, but so far - zip.

If anyone reads that opinions page, where are the roof bricks?  Where are
the steam engine drivers?  People in the UK are paying big wads of cash for
tours of Legoland largely to get their hands on a few rare bricks!

Jason J Railton