 Trains / 17143
Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:01:32 GMT

Jean-Marc Détraz <legomotive@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Good looking model. Great work.

Thanks a lot.

Here some pictures of other funiculars:

http://parovoz.com/gallery/pict-trams-e.html
Looking at your example it meets this:
http://parovoz.com/gallery/kiev-fun2000.jpg
as it also has a "pantograph"

I'd like to see a picture of the tracks, did you use Jumper Bricks for • the
tooth-plates?

Actually, I just fixed the tooth-plates off center for easier construction
(and I don't have enough of Jumpers anyway). By using the technic gear 24
tooth crown, I have enough contact with the plates.

I think that you have a good view of the track here:

I will add an other one for you...

I'd also like to see detail about the bogies, or how you actually mounted
the wheels. Your pictueres do not show enough (for me...)

There is no bogies. I don't know how to make the cog track on curves so I
decided to make just a straight version therefore I thought there is no • need
for bogies. But the main reason is that that would make the train not • stable
enough and the gear would jump over the cog track. I tell you, that train • is
quite eavy with the battery and on such a steep angle, it has to be rigid. • I
just mounted the wheelsets on the technic frame. Sorry to dissapoint you
;~)

That is what I meant, the technic frame can move up and down, right?

And I will add an other one for you also...

Thanks for your links. I was never in Russia and I never thought that they
also had funicular there. I guess I learn something everyday.

Thanks a bunch,

JM

In lugnet.trains, Jean-Marc Détraz writes:
Hello There,

I spent quite a few time thinking and building this funicular.
Is it the right word? It's a mountain train wich is driven on a
central cogwheel drive? Please help me with the translation...
{;~))

I saw this type a train/railway when I was living in Switzerland.
This type is not driven with a cable like some others but is totally
independent. The steepest cog railway in the world in Lucerne,
Switzerland climbs grades of 48% !

Here is a link with "real pictures" of several type of funicular in
Switzerland. Most of them are cable driven.
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/ch/funicular/Parsennbahn/pix.html

Would you be so kind to give me feedback and mabe other links about
train with cogwheel.

Thanks, Jean-Marc