 Trains / 16463 (-100)
  British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) Here it is at my BrickShelf gallery: (URL) be aware that I have not put the parts in a logical instruction step sequence. Sorry. I hope you can use the "hide pieces" tool in MLCad (the light bulbs) to see interior construction details. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Low-tech & low cost controls

Hi all, I have been devising a layout for my train collection to be displayed in, but suddenly I came across a number of problems: #1 - Multiple locos mean low speed for each of them (*Very low*); #2 - One controller unit *alone* is really boring (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gw7zGq.8yG@lugnet.com... (...) Yes please! (...) round (...) lever (...) I think it's incredible that you are able to do these virtual designs so quickly. I can only work with real media :-) (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Want the MLCad .mpd file? (...) "Caught me". In this picture, I've used quantity one of the 4081.dat element "plate with clip light" in color yellow near the bottom. This is the same as attachment at the top, but the "plate with clip light" (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:Gw7xCG.2ov@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) at (...) It would be if you made a REALLL...LLLY short one! ;-) -Rob www.msltc.org (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gw69rA.FH9@lugnet.com... (...) 1x4x1.3 (...) been inundated with offers of 2x2 yellow windows, so I'll give something based on your design a go at some point How are the vertical 1x6 black (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:Gw7rIq.BHp@lugnet.com... (...) has (...) Jason, that's a very kind offer, but I have been inundated with them -- Mark Morgan is sending me some :-) Huw (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

(...) do the lights on the front. Now I can see the lights doing that, but are the horn elements at top lights? If they are not, you should tweak the render image to show some definition there, even if it is faked. Maybe I am ignorant of some train (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

Jeroen, Great work as usual! I was wondering why you didn't mock it up more closely to the original? We got mingfig a Chief... (URL) What is the rgb values of the background of the yellowed poster. I'd like to set the rest of my screen (the border) (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

(...) Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was able to do the stickers thanks to our lovely moderator Larry! Jeroen (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

(...) Gorgeous, as usual. Love those stickers!!! (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Every brick the Chief

...poster in 2 versions + desktop pictures available now on (URL) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Okay, okay, I can see where this is going. Huw, since I owe you, I have four 1x2x2 classic windows in yellow you can have. They're old and one has a slight crack in the base, but they're yours if you want them. It seems all my pictures are of (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Chris--Don't Read! My redesigned train engine

My friend, who works for CN, has been admonishing me for a long time about those 'darn European bumpers' on my engines. So I finally caved in and reworked one of my engines, and I'll rework all the others as soon as I get around to it. Anyway, have (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ben Fleskes writes: [Snip after reading it twice] (...) Thanks Ben (from PNLTC), for posting your basical design rules for the PNLTC roundhouse. I have been working some more on my roundhouse redesign yesterday night and have (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Thanks for the links Ed! This one is really impressing: (URL) to see some real designs. Most roundhouses I know are from model railroaders... So far I have only seen one in real live (just 30km away from here, but no longer in use). Regards, (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

Norton flashed this post up as having a virus when lugnet forwarded to me. Any one else get this? lawrence "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gw69rA.FH9@lugnet.com... (...) in 6 (...) I (...) plates, I'm (...) knowing (...) (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Very nice on the real-brick build. Notibly nice alternative now knowing that you don't have any 1x2x2 yellow windows. Here's an idea pending you might buy some yellow windows and lots of 1x4x1.3 1/4-curve-top bricks. It sure is easy to build (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

Hmmm, Lot of meat here. I'll try to be brief: I've done about 4/5 complete iterations on my roundhouse and turntable over the last five years. The latest was completed for the PNLTC show at LEGOLand California. Gallary Pictures are at: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) I'd defer to Lar for the official answer-- personally, *I* call everything a "choo-choo";-) -John (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

<snip> (...) Sure there's roundhouses still in use! About two hours south of LUCNY in Scanton, PA: (URL) keep diesels out of the bays) I've taken tours of that particular roundhouse several times, and it's immense. It's a real working piece of (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) You'd be suprised, sometimes 24 hours is all I need. (...) I agree with you, I did some thinking about this and as I mentioned built into the design a method for a LONGER then 32 stud engine. Looking at all my engines, It seems that I keep the (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speaking of Train Layouts, since we were, indeed, speaking of them...

(...) Yeah, and that wasn't hte bad one--someone who continies to remain nameless, dropped on of Derek's modules during setup. That was not pretty, either. Thankfully, no one got any pics of that--the horror! The horror! Dave (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speaking of Train Layouts, since we were, indeed, speaking of them...

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Speaking of Train Layouts, since we were, indeed, speaking of them...

I love building train yards--all that rolling stock nice and organized in an area... For the last rtlToronto train show, I build a little train yard, and I thought it was not very good, but did the job. After looking at the SCLTC pics and seeing (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) It's not in use but there is a moderately huge roundhouse sitting right in downtown Toronto (near the CN Tower). It's now a distillery or something, but the building looks great! I keep meaning to take pics of that area sometime, to see if I (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:Gw4EwJ.44u@lugnet.com... (...) What do you call them over there? We have EMUs DMUs and DEMUs... (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"Jonathan Reynolds" <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message news:Gw4J8M.Dnu@lugnet.com... (...) I have no yellow ones, and I see they are upwards of $.75 on bricklink. Perhaps I should invest... (...) I thought about laying some along a straight (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

Huw, I've been struggling with the same thing. The only thing I can think of is to use the 1 x 2 x 3 train windows. But these are still pretty hard to come by in grey or black. And in most cases they are too tall to look right. Perhaps 1 x 2 x 2 (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Dammit, Huw, I was going to try and do one of these! I even took loads of pictures on my way up to Gael's! I thought I'd surprise everyone by doing a modern train. Sheesh. I regularly race these things along the M27 and out of Fareham on my (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) ;-)) Who said it would be a one week projekt? (...) But at this point I wanted to throw in another hint: - Do you think a turntable of 32 Studs is enough for all of your engines (and the ones you might build in future? (But as long as your (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Baggage Car MOC.

Thanks for checking it out. And I am glad you like my design. I am also happy it didnt take to much to get the 1/4 offset. Cause I realy like the look of it over the standard half stud offset. To me the half stud offset is just to far in, and doesnt (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Nice to see another EMU in Lego, Huw. I built an unpowered VEP/SEP unit in blue/grey about 20 years ago using a much cruder method, but I found that classic 2x2 windows worked best, partially hidden behind the 'pillars' of the vestibule ends. (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Well...? What's stopping you from making it 8 wide? :-) (...) It looks good to me. I'd like to see it with that snappy red and orange striping-- with the blue windows it would look tres cool! (...) I tried an ostrich once, but the project (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Work in progress, an EMU

Please take a look at this work in progress, the front of an electric multiple unit, and let me know what you think. (URL) is the sort of thing I am trying to recreate, but it's difficult in 6 wide: (URL) it pass for one? The difficulty is the (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

I also planned for that one special steam train of mine to be in the Roundhouse. Only issue is that its ALOT longer then two straight tracks. In turn, I decided to make the entry way and Bay 6 a straight-thru bay so, I can have my Steamer parked (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Baggage Car MOC.

Thanks for revealing how that offset was accomplished. That is awesome! -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) VinZant" <legotrains@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gw3x6n.2Jv@lugnet.com... (...) stud (...) doors.:) (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

I took some time last night to give myself some geometry lessons. The results are pleasing. I can be a tad more flexible because it just so happens that each bay is 16 wide at the start of the track that leads into the bay (16x (x) baseplates). I (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC Cars

I like the bright LED. That really gets the job done with the headlight. I noticed, for the first time, that I have installed the horns improperly on my model. I have them both pointing forward as shown on the Lego box. Trains run both ways. Well, I (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Baggage Car MOC.

Ok I have taken many more pictures of my Baggage car MOC. These pics also show how I got a 1/4 offset. The basics it that you build a 5 and half stud wide section. then offset that from the rest of the car. (URL) parts on top of the door are just to (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) ago (...) ideas (...) interlocked (...) Dear Wayne, I have some (mainly bad) experience in building a roundhouse. So I will try to comment some of the weak spots, that I found. This has been the first version of the roundhouse in late 1999: (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  SFSC Cars

Hello All, With the recent postings of all of the SCSF rolling stock, I figured I would jump on the bandwagon. I have posted a baggage, 10-6 passenger, B-Unit, and Loco with a super bright LED head light. More pictures to come. (URL) Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  2nd Show This Month for the SCLTC

For any of you Lego or train enthusiasts that will be in Southern California this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend (May 23-27, 2002), The Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC) will be showing our second public display this month. Our display will (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Yes, and it automated and it was brilliant, although I am not the one to talk about it-- it was the programming of J-1 (John Gerlach). But briefly, he had it where there were 3 small locos in bays 1-3-5 and had the turntable automatically turn (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) John, Was that a working roundhouse? Is so, do you remember what controlled it all? Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Perhaps from the GMLTC roundhouse, shown hear July 1999 (since dismantled): (URL) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

Hello Wayne, A roundhouse and turntable is eye candy for spectators. I had built the structures 2 years before I was able, with help from a programming friend, tto automate it. I'll answer your questions in reverse order, easier first! #6 Modular, I (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

I've been putting a great deal of time thinging about an idea I had a while ago when I first made an attempt to make a Roundhouse Yard for my trains. After some issues I gave it up. I recently thought about it again with some better ideas on how to (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC mugs

POn May 11th in Centralia, WA, PNLTC had a little train-fest get together with 16 members from all around the Pac NW. Pics to follow on our web page but here's pic of the members present. www.brickshelf.com/c...i?i=170465 SteveB (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

I typically think in picture and the 1/2 head smiley face wallpaper on your web page prompted your name misspelling, not saying that i donno how ta mispel ;) SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) No, that would be Hop-FrogXAAC.DAT I believe. At least if you were printed/engraved on a torso or basic brick. -- Tony Hafner (who's endured Steve's english enough to not be offended by his constant misspelling of my name) www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: My new Baggage Car MOC.

(...) Dave- The door offset looks nice! I've a question about the undercarriage-- it appears that the baggage car is mounted with a diesel fuel tank;-) A baggage car from a Super Chief was pretty spartan underneath. Check out this link for a nice (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My new Baggage Car MOC.

He is my latest MOC (URL) much to say about it, although I did use a 1/4 offset for the doors.:) Dave (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) and (...) Yes, that's a possibility, but ....I bougth a large amount of blue and gray track without the 12v conductor rails and you'd loose a major benefit of having 2 different radiusus or radii (whichever you prefer :-). Besides....I like a (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) in (...) Well, it's probably OK in .announce.moc (no follow-ups allowed), but .publish is where many seem to post web-site announcements, even though it's not really in the charter. Maybe we need .announce.website ? FUT .admin.suggestions (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) It really does! (...) Yeah, good question. A while ago I would have said to the .Announce group and trains with a follow up in .trains. I'm not sure web site posts are welcome in announce any more. Anybody know the answer to that one? For sure (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) Heh heh. Yep. Steve Barile mentioned the thread so I took a look. (...) It sure seems like a long time ago, eh? (...) Ack! I didn't run it through NS yet. Thanks for the heads-up. I still have a lot to add to the site. When I am ready to (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Metroliner Add-On Cars

(...) All though it might create a bit of a gap, how about using medium slope roof peaks? These would leave some clearance for the minifig arms to rest a little lower. Frank (22 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) You could power the track by using 12v conductor rails. That would actually let you cheat a bit, the suspension wheels could ride in the track between the conductors. You would have to use the old style 12v pickups to get power from the track. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

(...) Of course if you want black 6x28 wagon plates, the wagon plate kit is the only option (but hey, at least we have it, my 7740 wouldn't look nearly so nice without this option for getting additional wagon plates). Kind of bizarre. The red 6x28 (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Me = Broken Record (cool new train by James Mathis)

(...) invited (...) hope (...) Dear John, sorry, but it has been to late for the greetings: I read your posting just a few hours ago... The new park was really great (especially concerning the Miniland). But there have been a lot of problems with (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Doubts

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes: (A lot of helpful stuff) Thanks for the answers, Mike. I am probably gonna do just that (order from BL), but after the Summer... I just blew part of my LEGO budget for this trimester in a week of concerts! :-P As (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) Excellent stuff, Steve (and Tommy). Now my mind is whirling with possibilities. :) Could a little more information about what different kinds of things would be possible be given? As well, of course, as what kind of time/effort/money are (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Doubts

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:GvyzEI.Dps@lugnet.com... (...) In the US they were gone about a month ago as I recall, not sure about Europe. (...) The only difference is an additional bag that contains two tiles, one with (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Doubts

Hi all, I have missed some of the latest news about the SFSC, and now I have a few doubts... #1 - When did the Limited 10000 copies sold out? #2 - What *exactly* are the different parts? Only the number tag? #3 - Is "27" the default number for the (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

Yeah! Great work!! I love to see the raw material (raw Lego ;) being put to good use :) My only question is "Is the only difference between engraving and milling the depth of cut?" Another few 10/1000 and you too will have your own window parts. JB (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

NICE! I gotta wonder, could a slope be "ribbed" to match a corrigated brick? It would make a nice vent for a DB on a locomotive, or on a F40PH! Finnaly can get the vent to make the angle of the roof!? Josh (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) Steve, Those really look great, very clean when all together on the train. Nice idea. jt (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

Erik, As someone with a little molding experience (sand casting for metal, and injection molding), I understand what you're saying. I thought for a while about how to do that, and you are right, you do need a moving cam inside the mold so the part (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) As far as I can see, Hafhead appears to have a minor obsession with apocryphal brick designs. If he keeps this up, he may actually have to come up with some kind of forward-looking naming scheme. ;) These are way cool, BTW. -- Hop-FrogXAAA.DAT (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

And the .dat files for the 3 ribbed bricks 1x2, 1x4, & 1x8 (1.9k): www.sstanamera.com/~...ks_all.zip BIG thanks to Tony Halfner for creating these! SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) Very cool looking, Steve. The effect is stunning. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

The rest of the story... I met Tommy Armstrong at BricksWest. He has a buisness that does custom engraving and created all the name badges for BricksWest (and I think Brickfest as well). Anyway he and I discussed custom engraving patterns onto (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

That is just beautiful. Probably some purist put a hex on your train. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:GvwuK5.BA0@lugnet.com... (...) brick (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

While attempting to get the close up the sucker slipped and... (URL) thing these are LEGO! (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

I took some better pics... (I nuked the old ones) www.brickshelf.com/c...gi?f=16873 SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) This is really cool, Steve. Milling grooves into the parts can get you designs that would be impossible or at least costly to mold into the part. Molding a texture on the side of a brick is expensive. It requires more moving parts in the mold, (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

Interesting indeed Steve, do you have any close shots of and engraved brick by itself? How are you doing the engraving? jt (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) What is that, a *push* train? (URL) (no sense in *all* of us cutting and pasting:-) I like the idea, Steve-- very innovative. The possibilities and applications are endless. And perhaps mutilation is *the* way to go, because even if TLC were (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO meeting the engraver

Hi All, After long consideration I decided to mutilate bricks. I have resorted to only de-facing then so far. One might say its more like a 3D decal, others my scoff. This is what LEGO designers do, so why not. We have directly influenced them on (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Me = Broken Record (cool new train by James Mathis)

(...) Ben- I am very excited for you, HoMa, Dirk and all of the other Deutsche AFOLs-- I hope you guys have a fantastic time! We here in the US (and not doubt around the world) look forward to sharing your experience through lots of pics! :-) (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Me = Broken Record (cool new train by James Mathis)

(...) Yes - Congrats to that model. Nice colours and lots of nifty details including the clever angle. (...) 6. In fact a successful work, which you have shown here, James (...) I did it over 2 years ago first time on my BR03 (with LGB wheels). That (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Me = Broken Record (cool new train by James Mathis)

(...) Glad you like it. I almost ventured into 8-wide with this, but I really stayed but with 6-wide to see if I could get any semblance of the real locomotive compressed down to 6. I'm definitely not original in this slant-style of construction. My (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Me = Broken Record (cool new train by James Mathis)

I was just admiring your work on your new MOC, James, and I have to say it really looks smart! That color combo really works in LEGO, especially in the passenger cars. My only nit is that if ever a proto cried out to be created in 8 wide, this one (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Question

(...) The lever is black, with beveled (pointy) ends, and slides from side to side. The two ends stick out from the sides of the motor right near the bottom-within a brick or so of the track surface, such that the actuators on the half-straight (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

Hey Will- So, it took a Snowblower header to delurk you, eh;-) I just wanted to say that about the same time LUGNET came online (Fall '97) was about the same time *I* came online and one of the first train MOCs I saw which wow'ed me was your rotary (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

Jake, as Larry mentioned, I have one that I made in '97 that is remarkably similar. (URL) me know if I can be of any assistance in helping you build yours. ---Will (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of the SCLTC at the Fullerton Railroad Days

The SCLTC just finished a weekend show at the Fullerton train station in Fullerton, Ca. Enjoy! (URL) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) I'm positively amazed: really 4 years old (from the stone age of Lego modelling)? And I have to disagree: it is a very good model. I really like it and it looks perfectly like the "rotary" that has been in those years in the "Maerklin" (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Question

(...) The 9V battery box has an on/off switch. The box is connected to the motor. The motor has a black lever that can be in a total of 3 positions: forward, stop, and reverse. The lever slides between those positions, and can be controlled by the (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Question

Thanks for that link, that had lots of information as well. I do have one more question, where is the on/off/direction switch for the monorail motor? ~Adam~ (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) Actually, I was a little hesitant to even offer that one up. I built it 4 years ago, modeling from a USA Trains catalog, and it's not very good (although at the time I thought it was the cat's meow;-) That is basically an example of a really (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) Well, ya, but the less said about that one, the better. (it just goes to your head, J2, it just goes to your head...) Seriously that one is nice because it's closer to the proper length... it actually has two trucks. I've not seen a one truck (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) And: (URL) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) Technically that's a "Rotary" rather than a snowblower or a snowplow. Snowblowers and snowplows are things you mount on the front of tractors or trucks (at their very largest) and aren't used by "real railroaders". If it wasn't a rotary it (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Question

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Gvrrut.ECL@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) monorail (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Yes, the monorail is powered by a 9V battery box. There is some information on the monorail system within the Train (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Question

I have browsed the instructions for 6399, 6990 and 6991 as well as the pictures on Bricklink. The pictures on Bricklink are not as big as I'd like, and the instructions are very good, except I would like to see what the bottoms of the boogie plates (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Question

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:GvroJ7.7F5@lugnet.com... (...) looking (...) here (...) One idea is to browse the Monorail category of the BrickLink catalog: (URL) is to peruse the instructions from one of the Monorail (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail Question

I'm planning on buying one of the monorail sets second hand, and I'm looking for good pictures of the monorail boogie plates and baseplates with connectors and tiny wheels, so I'll know what to look for when viewing the monorail set to determine if (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My Chessie

Here's my version of a Chessie engine. Many thanks to Jake McKee and Steve Barile for the inspiration and design ideas. (URL) Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact